Over the past few weeks, some users have reported that they are facing the latest version of DirectX for Windows XP Service Pack 3 (sp3).
Important! If you select a language below, all content on the page will dynamically change to that specific language.
How do I install DirectX 9.0 C on Windows XP?
Click the Start button, click Run and type dxdiag. Click Yes or No (if this is your first time starting dxdiag). Now you will see “9.0c”, the second is “DirectX Version”.
The Microsoft DirectX® end-user runtime installs a number of educational libraries from the legacy DirectX SDK for specific games that use D3DX9, D3DX10, D3DX11, XAudio 2.7, XInput 1.3, XACT, and / or Managed DirectX 1.1. Please note that this package does not in any way adapt the installed DirectX runtime to your Windows operating system.
- Microsoft DirectX® is currently included in Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.0, Windows 8.1, 10, Windows, and therefore Windows Server equivalents. This DirectX end-user runtime does not change DirectX registration, but installs a number of additional parallel technologies originally taken from the older DirectX SDK and used in some older games. A meaningful and detailed explanation can be found at https://aka.ms/dxsetup.
Pay attentionThat is, desktop bridge applications using D3DX9, D3DX11, d3dx10, XAudio 2.7, XInput 1. or 3, XACT must use the Microsoft.DirectX.x86 / Microsoft.DirectX.x64 framework to use such legacy components. Provide DirectX SDK for the side. Outraged. Alternatively, developers can remove all dependency types. See Microsoft Docs for more information.
Supported operating system
How do I download the latest version of DirectX?
Press the specific Windows logo key on your keyboard and type “note.” Then click Check for Updates.Click Check for Updates.Follow the onscreen instructions and Windows Update will automatically download and install the latest DirectX (included in updates) for you.
Windows Server 2008, Windows XP SP3, Windows Server ’03 SP1, Windows Server 03 SP2, Windows 7, Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista
- Click the Download button on this home page to start the download, or find another language in the Change Language dropdown, click and continue.
- Do one of the following:
- Click “Run” immediately to start the installation.
- To save the download to your computer later, click Save.
- To cancel the installation, click Cancel.
- Installation of DirectX Redist includes all parallel Directx components released in June 2010 and earlier. This includes the managed components D3DX, XInput, and DirectX. DirectX
- Unable to delete read.
- This update is generally recommended for users who do not have an Internet connection during installation.
- If you like the web-installed version of the runtime package, click here.
- Since December 2006 SDK will be released, Redist no longer supports Win9x.
- Since the SDK was released in June this year, Redist no longer supports Windows 2000.
Can I install DirectX 10 on Windows XP?
When it comes to positioning, DirectX is tightly integrated into the operating system, so you can’t just install DirectX 10 or 11 on XP because it won’t work.